What is the 2021 Honda Pilot Towing Capacity?
If you are looking for an SUV that can take on what life throws your way, look no further than a new Honda Pilot for sale at Greenway Honda of Florence. Whether you’re planning to tow a trailer around Northern Alabama for work or you need to pull some ATVs to your favorite off-roading spot, the 2021 Honda Pilot towing capacity should be a major selling point. How much can a Honda Pilot tow? When properly equipped, it can tow up to 5,000 pounds.
How Much Can a Honda Pilot Tow?
While the Pilot maxes out at 5,000 pounds of towing, your towing capacity is going to depend on which configuration of the SUV you drive home to Muscle Shoals.
- Pilot LX, EX, EX-L, Special Edition, and Touring models can tow up to 3,500 pounds with standard 2WD (an advantage over many competing SUVs).
- Upgrade to AWD, and the towing power is boosted to 5,000 pounds (the Pilot Elite has AWD as standard and can also tow up to 5,000 pounds)
2021 Honda Pilot Performance Specs & Cargo Space
How is the Honda Pilot capable of towing so much? Well, under the hood is a V6 engine capable of 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque, and it’s paired with 9-speed automatic transmission for seamless shifting whether driving in Tuscumbia or hitting the highway.
The Pilot’s cargo space is one of its biggest advantages, ensuring that you’ve got plenty of room for your things even if you don’t hook up a trailer.
- Cargo Volume Behind First Row: 83.9 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind Second Row: 46.8 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind Third Row: 16.5 cubic feet
2021 Honda Pilot Towing: Safety & Efficiency
When hauling heavy equipment around The Shoals, safety should be a top priority. The Pilot features that help keep you in control of the SUV and your trailer:
- HondaLink: Keep tabs on the Pilot’s fuel range, service schedule, and more.
- Eco Assist System: This system lets you know when you are driving as efficiently as possible.
- Hill Start Assist: When starting your vehicle on an incline, the system will apply the brakes as you move your foot from the brake pedal to the gas pedal.
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management AWD System: This feature contributes to the Pilot’s towing capability and helps you navigate even the toughest terrain.
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines: The rearview camera makes parking a breeze, and it can help you hitch a trailer or camper.
Discover Your Honda Pilot Today
Now that you know how much the Honda Pilot can tow, let us show you its spacious, state-of-the-art cabin. After all, some parts of a vehicle need to be experienced for yourself. Contact Greenway Honda of Florence to learn more or schedule your test drive.
Learn More About Honda Models
The exterior of a new Honda Accord is sure to draw some admiring looks when you drive around The Shoals, but we think it’s the 2020 Honda Accord interior that you’ll appreciate day-in and day-out. With cutting-edge technology and ergonomic design, the Accord interior can keep you connected and comfortable for short drives in Muscle Shoals…
If you are looking for an SUV that can take on what life throws your way, look no further than a new Honda Pilot for sale at Greenway Honda of Florence. Whether you’re planning to tow a trailer around Northern Alabama for work or you need to pull some ATVs to your favorite off-roading spot, the 2021 Honda…
The 2020 Honda Civic mpg ratings make it a smart choice for the Florence driver. Whether you’re regularly hitting the highway to Muscle Shoals or sticking to your daily commute, the Honda Civic remains one of the most efficient vehicles in its class. See the specs for yourself below. Civic Inventory Learn More Honda Civic Sedan Fuel…